Shaving can be a pretty brutal process for your skin. Even a comfortable shave removes some dermis, exposing it to the elements and leaving it vulnerable to minor skin infections that cause razor burn and razor bumps. A quality aftershave goes a long way to soothe and protect the skin, but we can expect more from our shave. For those looking to make the most of their post-shave skincare routine, post-shave powder relieves irritation from shaving and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
We made our post-shave powder with high-quality, natural ingredients to provide a few key benefits for sensitive skin.
- Kaolin clay creates that silky-smooth feeling by absorbing excess oils, mattifying the appearance of the skin, and drawing dirt out of the pores.
- Allantoin powder is a natural anti-irritant and helps bolster your skin’s innate healing processes.
- Aloe extract has natural anti-inflammatory properties to reduce irritation and redness from shaving.
The Problem with Talc
Talc or talcum powder is found in a multitude of products that control excess moisture or reduce friction, such as foot powder, barber powder, baby powder, and dry lubricants. In its natural form, talc is a mix of magnesium, silicon, and oxygen and sometimes asbestos due to frequent co-location in natural deposits of talc with asbestos ore, a known carcinogen and respiratory irritant. According to the American Cancer Society, all household products in the U.S. containing talc have been asbestos-free since the 1970s, and studies since then simply don’t have enough information to show a clear increase in the risk of cancer with the use of asbestos-free talc. The International Agency for Research on Cancer states that talc not containing asbestos is either “not classifiable as to carcinogenicity in humans,” or “possibly carcinogenic to humans.” In summary, there is insufficient data to say whether asbestos-free talc is cancer-causing, and anyone with concerns should simply avoid it… so, we did. The frustrating truth is that complete avoidance of toxins in our environment is just not possible. BUT we do believe in minimizing harm around here, so with this concept as a guide, we decided to avoid this potentially harmful mineral and uses plant-derived, gentle ingredients instead.
How to Use the Executive Post-Shave Powder
- Shake a small amount of powder onto a clean towel.
- Pat or massage gently onto the shaved area.
- Let it rest for several minutes.
- Pat off excess with a soft, clean towel.
- Enjoy how crazy-smooth and cool your skin feels!
Citrus Scent, Handmade in Portland, OR, 5.5 fl oz., Shatter-proof bottle, Crafted from high quality, natural ingredients, Formulated for smooth and comfortable shaves. Ingredients: Tapioca Starch, Kaolin Clay, Allantoin Powder, Essential Oil Blend, Aloe Extract